PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNSHIP
The Unmentionables seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist with public relations efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of public relations while working for an innovative international non-profit organization. This is a remote internship. Part-time (10-15 hours a week) and full-time (30 hours a week) options are available. 4-month minimum commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create distribution lists for global outreach and pitch to journalists
- Write and distribute press releases and media alerts
- Build network of journalists and secure news coverage
- Promote The Unmentionables mission and brand
- Assist the other members of the Communications team with other tasks
- Collaborate with the Development Director, Creative Director, and Executive Leadership on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Must embrace the mission of The Unmentionables to provide Dignity through Hygiene to global refugee populations through the provision of underwear, bras, feminine hygiene products, sexual health products, and related intimate health education programming
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment, including flexibility and ability to adapt content quickly
- Completed or working toward a post-secondary degree in related field
- Previous internship or related experience in public relations, including pitching to journalists and creating press information
- Established network of journalists a plus
- Must be computer literate, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher). Proficiency social media software a plus.
This is an unpaid internship. The intern will receive a letter of recommendation from the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer upon successful completion of the internship. Course credit can be provided where necessary and in accordance with your institution’s guidelines.