The Partnerships Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of The Unmentionables’ fundraising including development and management of the major gifts program, corporate partnerships, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
This is a part-time, remote role with potential for full-time upon six month review.
- Must embrace the mission of The Unmentionables
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with Kaleigh Heard, Executive Director, the Community Affairs and Marketing Directors, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the The Unmentionables with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising and organizational staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Build gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.