MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
The Unmentionables seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for an innovative international non-profit organization. This is a remote internship. Part-time (10-15 hours a week) and full-time (30 hours a week) options are available. 4-month minimum commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design marketing materials for fundraising and social media
- Plan, write, and manage our monthly e-newsletter
- Write, coordinate and publish blog posts through our website
- Assist the Social Media Manager with social media development and engagement
- Collaborate with the Development Director, Marketing Team, and Executive Leadership on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Generate press relationships and news coverage
- Must embrace the mission of The Unmentionables to provide Dignity through Hygiene to global refugee populations through the provision of underwear, bras, feminine hygiene products, sexual health products, and related intimate health education programming.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment.
- Completed or working toward a post-secondary degree in a related field.
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus.
- Must be computer literate, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher). Proficiency in Adobe products a plus. Knowledge of HTML, web design a plus.
- Previous experience in online blogging and blog management a plus.
- Proficiency in graphic and infographic design.
This is an unpaid internship. The intern will receive a letter of recommendation from the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer upon successful completion of the internship. Course credit can be provided where necessary and in accordance with your institution's guidelines.