GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
The Unmentionables is looking to add a Graphic Design Intern to our organization’s growing Marketing Team. The ideal candidate is a dynamic self-starter who is excited and passionate about working on the visual side of an innovative international non-profit organization while understanding the impact and importance of high quality design. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience with an international non-profit while benefiting from the flexibility of a remote internship. This is a part-time (10-20 hours/week), unpaid position, to start as soon as possible. 3-month minimum commitment is required.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to design and create beautiful and engaging graphics, illustrations, and layouts. This includes social media graphics, infographics, branding documents, website designs, pitch decks, annual reports, and much more.
- Help solidify the organization’s branding guidelines and brand identity as we continue to expand.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Understand and incorporate The Unmentionables’ mission of “dignity through hygiene” in all aspects of our visual design.
- Must be pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art Direction, Media Studies, or a related field.
- A strong online portfolio of graphic design and branding work is required.
- Well-versed in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop OR Serif’s Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.
- Organized and dependable, with an ability to work remotely with team members across various time zones.
- High attention to detail and an eye for engaging design.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and sensitivity skills.
- Work well under pressure and be comfortable taking directions.
- Embrace our mission of providing dignity through hygiene to forcibly displaced people worldwide.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Past experience (internship or otherwise) with an agency or a design team for social media-specific projects is a plus, but is not required.
- Experience in illustration is a plus, but is not required.
- Experience with using Canva is a plus, but is not required.
This is an unpaid internship. A 3-month minimum commitment is required, with the possibility of joining the team at a higher level afterwards. The intern will receive a letter of recommendation from the Chief Executive Officer and Creative Director upon successful completion of the internship. Course credit can be provided based on your institution’s guidelines.
Please email a link to your online portfolio, your resume/CV, and a cover letter to Creative Director Daniel Berberi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will have their portfolios reviewed and will be contacted if chosen to continue on to the interview process.