VOLUNTEER FINANCE OFFICER
The Unmentionables Global is seeking a part-time, unpaid Finance Officer who will contribute to our international NGO’s fiscal responsibility and tracking. This position is remote and volunteer. The ideal candidate is a United States citizen or resident and is familiar with USA and Canadian systems and laws relating to financial leadership.
Desired Contract Length: six months or more; four months minimum.
- Navigate USA and Canadian bank accounts, tax filing procedures, and reporting. Maintain accurate financial records
- Operate financial software for bank accounts (QuickBooks), the back-end of online giving (Classy, Moonclerk, SquareSpace, Facebook), and team communication software (Google Drive, Facebook Workplace)
- Potentially join Board of Directors and be elected as Treasurer
- Pull financial reports for projects, programs and periodic updates
- Work with Development and Communications teams to ensure fundraising campaigns are most effective and adapted where necessary
- Create financial forecasts for humanitarian projects conducted across three continents (and counting)
- Seek cost-savings for operational expenses
- Apply for tax-exempt and charity-specific discounts, exemptions and relationships with suppliers and transportation companies
- Ensure all financial institutions and processes are healthy in functioning
- Create new checks, balances, and fiscally-responsible practices for a growing international NGO
- Assist in the preparation of accounts for internal and external audit processes
- Plan and implement wages and payroll procedures, for the 2018 fiscal calendar
- Research the most prudent third party entities for multiple country monetary transactions
- Attend periodic webinars, trainings, and events related to this position on behalf of the organization
Qualifications & Experience
- Background as financial holder and representative for a North American business, organization, or agency
- Understanding of intermediate/complex USA and Canadian tax laws
- Experience utilizing aforementioned software, or willingness to self-teach
- Strong computer literacy
- Zeal for organization and timeliness, matched with understanding and flexibility as needed in a blossoming charity organization
- Experience serving a non-profit organization in some financial capacity
- A passion for serving vulnerable, displaced peoples with dignity through hygiene
- Experience navigating grants and funding proposals
- Comfortable working remotely and independently
- Native English speaker
- At least 23 years of age
This person will report to the Chief Operations Officer.
Interested candidates should send a CV/resume and three relevant references to Nicole Esligar (email@example.com) with Human Resources.
Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis, via a two-part live video process.