EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CEO INTERNSHIP
The Unmentionables is an international non-profit providing forcibly displaced individuals and communities around the world with safe and consistent access to sexual and reproductive health education, services, protection and empowerment programs, providing them the knowledge, tools, and skills to make well-informed decisions for their futures.
The Executive Assistant Intern will support the CEO on day-to-day tasks. These tasks include scheduling meetings, handling travel details and preparing materials for meetings. With proven track record, you may be asked to assist with donor mailing projects. This is a great opportunity to work with an inspiring leader.
As an intern with The Unmentionables, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun.
- Answer, prioritize, and screen incoming phone calls and voicemail messages
- Manage the CEO’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, calls, and conferences
- Travel scheduling and booking for the CEO
- Prepare material and taking notes for meetings
- Maintain confidential relationships: enter and edit data in DonorPerfect, our Donor Relationship System
- Write and post regularly on social media channels
- Create and edit new content for CEO’s blog
- Other duties related to executive functions and administration
- With proven track record:
- Research and outreach to new prospective partners
- Special projects as needed on an on-going basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Google Cloud products
- Gain experience at a unique non-profit that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere
- Network with other for-profit and non-profit professionals
- Career mentoring with Kaleigh Heard, Co-Founder & CEO of The Unmentionables
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Minimum 10-15 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work remotely, though preference will be given to those residing on the East Coast of the United States with accessibility to Norfolk, Virginia, the DC Metro area, or New York City.
TO APPLY: Please email your CV/resume, cover letter, and applicable references to Co-Founder & CEO Kaleigh Heard at email@example.com. Please include "Executive Assistant Intern" in the subject line.