The Unmentionables is seeking a remote, unpaid Editorial Intern to lead and manage all editorial efforts. The chosen candidate will gain experience in various aspects of communications and marketing, and will be responsible for producing high quality content and ensuring that The Unmentionables’ editorial guidelines are upheld.
Minimum 10-15 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 6 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing teams on new and creative content ideas
- Create and publish relevant, original, and high-quality content
- Proofread, fact-check, and edit various types of copy
- Maintain the editorial voice and style for The Unmentionables
- Apply content strategy to meet KPIs
- Write and publish blog posts through our website
- Monitor and analyze content performance
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news relating to refugees and SRHR
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment, including flexibility and working independently
- Hands-on experience with writing different kinds of content
- Ability to express The Unmentionables’ views creatively
- Native-speaker level written English
- Completed or working toward a university degree in a related field
- Previous experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Previous experience in online blogging and blog management a plus
The intern will receive a letter of recommendation from the Communications Director upon successful completion of the internship. Course credit can be provided based on your institution’s guidelines.