DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP (GRANTS ACQUISITION)
The Unmentionables seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist with grant writing requirements. This internship is an excellent opportunity to lead government, corporate, and foundation grant identification and writing efforts for an international non-profit with the flexibility of a remote internship. Part-time (10-15 hours a week) and full-time (30 hours a week) options are available. 4-month minimum commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead prospect identification, research, proposal development and writing efforts in conjunction with the Development Director. Accurate and timely production of final proposals.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with grantors. Track and document communications.
- Assist with updating and maintaining The Unmentionables’ donor database
- Assist with donor outreach and cultivation
- Must embrace our mission to provide Dignity through Hygiene to global refugee populations.
- Completed or working toward a post-secondary degree in a Social Sciences or Humanities discipline.
- Previous experience in research and/or grant writing preferred. Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in a non-profit is a plus.
- Excellent writing, verbal, proofreading, editing, and organizational skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment.
This is an unpaid internship. The intern will receive a letter of recommendation from the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer upon successful completion of the internship. Course credit can be provided based on your institution’s guidelines.