COUNTRY COORDINATOR - GREECE
The Country Coordinator will be based in Athens with frequent travel to Chios and is responsible for the overall coordination of The Unmentionables activities in Greece. S/he will report to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer of The Unmentionables. This position can be either full- or part-time.
- Act as the official representative of The Unmentionables in Greece and liaise with the Greek authorities, local and international organizations, The Unmentionables's fundraising team and the executive administration.
- Manage The Unmentionables' activities, projects, and programs in Greece.
- Manage and coach The Unmentionables' local and international staff and volunteers.
- Mobilize resources in cooperation with the Executive Team.
- Coordinate The Unmentionables' programs and projects in Greece including strategic management; program needs assessments; awareness raising; project planning; project implementation and coordinationmonitoring and evaluation.
- Promote The Unmentionables' within Greece and coordinate the visual marketing requirements from projects and programs in Greece.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in logistics and development programmes
- Good team leadership and management qualities
- Proven ability to assume high levels of responsibility
- Experience in working with standard word processing, spreadsheets and internet applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- University degree in social sciences, education or management, preferably development management and/or related field
- Experience in working for a non-governmental organization, particularly serving refugees highly desirable
- Familiarity with the current refugee crisis and the situation in Greece
- Familiarity with Greek and EU institutions involved in services for refugees and with government institutions and procedures
- Greek, Farsi, Dari, or Arabic skills highly desirable.
Conditions of Service
At present, all The Unmentionables' staff is unpaid. The Country Coordinator in Greece is an unpaid position however, all project related expenses (including travel, room and board during projects) incurred by the incumbent will be covered. Applicants should be willing to commit for at least 4 months of service and be willing to live in Athens with frequent travel to Chios.
This position can be either full- or part-time.
Interested candidates should send their application and CV along with the names and contact details of 3 references by June 10, 2017 to: email@example.com.
The selected candidate is expected to start in July 2017.
The Unmentionables' is committed to equal employment opportunities. People from all nationalities and asylum backgrounds are encouraged to apply.