YOUTH & CAMPUS ENGAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
The Youth and Campus Engagement internship will focus on sharing our mission, creating campus based clubs, organizations, and fundraising campaigns, and providing campus-based communities with the resources to advocate for intimate health and hygiene for global refugees within their own communities. Application deadline mid-October.
In addition to the opportunity to create and complete a long-term project/recurring event related to intimate health and the refugee crisis, the Youth & Campus Engagement intern's responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development of both secondary and post-secondary campus organizations, campaigns or clubs within your region on behalf of The Unmentionables.
- Provide administrative and marketing support for those creating a secondary or post-secondary campus club for The Unmentionables.
- Act as the point of contact for the secondary and post-secondary campus-based organizations, campaigns or clubs within your region doing work on behalf of The Unmentionables.
- Engage secondary and post-secondary campus groups, academic resources, students and staff in The Unmentionables' work.
- Answer campus-based and community inquiries about intimate health and the refugee crisis.
- Create, update and edit online resources that assist interested students, campus groups and faculty in raising funds and awareness on behalf of The Unmentionables.
- Work with The Unmentionables' Development Team to develop new, innovative campus-based initiatives on behalf of The Unmentionables.
- Help to represent The Unmentionables at local health, wellness, and refugee/migration-related youth conferences and events.
- Utilize social media to promote campus programs and other initiatives
- Other duties as needed
- Current student or graduate of a post-secondary institution with a background in social sciences, marketing, public relations, management, or a related field.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to engage directly with young people.
- An interest in using social networking to engage young people.
- Web design and/or multimedia skills are a plus.
- Experience with or desire to learn about youth- and campus-specific advocacy, fundraising, and clubs systems.
- A willingness to engage with both high school and post-secondary communities within your area.
- A strong commitment to The Unmentionable’s mission.
- Gain a greater understanding of the intimate health issues faced by refugees worldwide
- Correspond with a variety of constituents (including both high school and post-secondary students, staff and faculty, and the wider community) on a breadth of issues, developing strong correspondence skills.
- Learn effective strategies for campus and community activism and organizing that can also be applied to broader contexts.
- Fine-tune writing skills in both formal and informal contexts.
- This is an unpaid internship. School credit is available upon request
- This internship is remote-based and tied to the region you reside in or attend higher education in.