FIELD PHOTOGRAPHY COORDINATOR
The Field Photography Coordinator in Greece will be based in Athens with frequent travel to Chios and is responsible for the overall coordination of The Unmentionables photography and the From Where I Stand: Refugees program activities in Greece. S/he will report to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer of The Unmentionables and work closely with the Greece Country Coordinator. This position can be either full- or part-time.
- Act as the official photographer of The Unmentionables in Greece.
- Manage The Unmentionables' photographic activities, projects, and programs in Greece including the From Where I Stand: Refugees pilot project.
- Teach and mentor two young refugees on photography and expose them to opportunities to document their experiences.
- Promote The Unmentionables' within Greece and coordinate the visual marketing requirements from projects and programs in Greece.
Qualifications and Experience
- A documented background in photography and photo editing
- Good team leadership and management qualities
- Proven ability to assume high levels of responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and sensitivity skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Videography and video editing experience
- Graphic design experience
- Familiarity with the current refugee crisis and the situation in Greece
- Familiarity with Greek and EU institutions involved in services for refugees and with government institutions and procedures
- Greek, Farsi, Dari, or Arabic skills highly desirable.
Conditions of Service
At present, all The Unmentionables' staff is unpaid. The Field Photography Coordinator in Greece is an unpaid position however, all project related expenses (including travel, room and board during projects) incurred by the incumbent will be covered. Applicants should be willing to commit for at least 4 months of service and be willing to live in Athens with frequent travel to Chios.
This position can be either full- or part-time.
Interested candidates should send their application and CV along with the names and contact details of 3 references by May 20, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected candidate is expected to start in June 2017.
The Unmentionables' is committed to equal employment opportunities. People from all nationalities and asylum backgrounds are encouraged to apply.