Finance and Accounting Internship
Finance and Accounting Intern
The Unmentionables seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist in accounting and bookkeeping. This internship is an excellent opportunity to lead the accounting requirements for an international non-profit. This is a remote internship. Part-time (15 hours a week) and full-time (30 hours a week) options are available. 4-month minimum commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage The Unmentionables’ bookkeeping and accountancy requirements.
- Reconcile and record finance data from our international projects and organizational revenue and expenditures.
- Process and reconcile payments, receipts, and associated tasks, occasionally responding to donor requests.
- Check expense receipts for accuracy, reconcile bank statements.
- Issue IRS tax-deductible donation receipts to donors.
- Assist with annual budget development and management.
- Must embrace the mission of The Unmentionables to provide Dignity through Hygiene to global refugee populations through the provision of underwear, bras, feminine hygiene products, sexual health products, and related intimate health education programming.
- Strong financial, accounting and booking keeping knowledge.
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment.
- Completed or working toward a post-secondary degree in a related field.
- Previous internship or related experience in finance or accounting is a plus.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks required.
This is an unpaid internship. The intern will receive a letter of recommendation from the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer upon successful completion of the internship. Course credit can be provided where necessary.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com. Please ensure your name and the position you are applying to is included in the email subject line.